Many new agaves are on the site now with the addition of hand carved wood mouthpieces. The wood mouthpieces are great to play on and don’t leave a residue after playing like wax does. They also are easy to clean and great for traveling. The openings are sized between 1.2-1.25″ depending on the didge. I am using a variety of woods including Bubinga, Wenge, Zebrawood, Cherry, Padauk, Agave, Mahogany,Shedua and more. Also check out some testimonials from individuals who have recently purchased didgeridoos from me.
- Key: C#
- Length: 65″
- Bell: 5″
- Mouthpiece: Zebrawood 1 1/8″
- Wall Thickness: Thin
- Back pressure: Strong
- First and second overtones: F, C
- Here is another with a nice narrow neck that makes playing oh so easy. Wonderful vocals compliment its nice crisp drone. With its shape overtones come with ease and it has nice volume with the bell and thinner walls. Vocals also explode out this agave with the thinner walls. C# has always been one of my favorite notes and a great note to start on. Circular breathing with be a cinch on this one and this and #140 would be just great for beginners.
- Key: E/F
- Length: 62.5″
- Bell: 7.75″
- Mouthpiece: Spalted Sycamore, Padauk, Walnut
- Backpressure: Medium
- Wall Thickness: Thick to medium at bell
- First and second overtones: F#, D
- I Wanted to create a really unique mouthpiece to fit this gnarly stalk. This impressive agave has some really thick dense wood. As you can tell from the photos there were some scars left most likely from free range cattle in the area. I have seen a cow eat the tops off of these blooms right in front of me as if they were almost taunting me. This one however was tough enough to make it through and many times scars like this actually creates thicker denser wood. This would be a didge for a more advanced player with its higher note and it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it. It is an explosive didge with a ton of volume with that enormous bell. The long mouthpiece makes overtones really easy and this one has some real spirit in the way it vocalizes. Nice turquoise inlays throughout add nice contrast to to darks and lights of the stalk. A unique piece that can inspire the advanced player.